The last obedience day was fun, I don't think either of my dogs were as lively as normal due to the heat though.
Sinn: heeled ok-ish, and we did some recalls. I have to ask Dennis if the recall is done from a sit or down? I believe it is down. Also, when can I start phasing out the food for heeling? I have to work on not saying his name and not using the stay command. And NO hand signals! Sigh, I have more homework to remember than my dog.
Keeper: She was laying down like a pro! So now I am putting a word on it, then I can phase out luring her down with my hand. Heeling is harder for her to pick up...I have to remind myself it is hard for a dog to look up and to the side while walking straight. So at home I have her heel a short distance for her dinner, ending with a square sit at my side and eye contact with me. If it isn't perfect, I pick her dinner up. When it is perfect, she gets the release to eat. Sometimes I just reward her sitting square and looking at me. She has the tendency to want to face me and sit, which seems perfectly natural.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment