Met Denis and some new members of the Broward Schutzhund Club for a lovely early morning tracking section. I arrived last, so my dogs went last:) Sinn Fein took his bathrooom break, then dragged me over to the track, he really LOVES his tracking time! Sinn did an approximately 35' track, last time he sped down the track, missing MOST of the hot dog bits, but surprise this time, he took his time and really kept his nose deep. Denis told me to increase the treat amount (add a hot dog) while decreasing the frequency of treats on the track...I have been putting them on every footstep, so I will try it every other step next time.
Saint finally is figuring out she is allowed to go pee while on leash. It is the little things that make me happy. She also did 35' and I went ahead and added a hot dog to make 3 sliced up ones. I kept it at a half slice to every step for her. When I point out the hot dog slices to her, Saint takes my hand motion as a "Down" command and lays on the track, so I will continue to practice voice only commands at home. She also slowed her speed from last week, and didn't rush down the track.
I am guessing the improvement in their careful tracking was because I took my time on the way to the track, I let them pull me, but didn't start until the leash was under their leg and didn't rush myself. Must buy a marker and 10 meter lead this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment